Friday, November 20, 2015

POLYGON POUCH: PDF Pattern Release

Fast and easy pouches in a variety of shapes

....just in time for holiday sewing!


I started making simple rectangle pouches from a tutorial I found online.  I improvised, finding ways to finish all the raw edges, and to my delight, they sold like crazy at a craft fair!

Last year, the talented Judy Buchanan of Hickity Pickity asked me to create a PDF pattern for the pouch.  The idea of pouches in a variety of shapes brewed in my mind while my children we were learning about geometric shapes in math.  Finally, when a little free time opened up this year, I developed the pattern. 



The Polygon Pouch PDF Pattern includes three simple, small pouches in the following shapes: rectangle, trapezoid and hexagon. This is an ideal beginner pattern.  However, this is equally fun for seasoned sewists interested in trying out bag-making, or looking for a quick sew.  In around an hour, you'll have a darling pouch made!  




You will find endless uses for these pouchesChoose either to add a key ring or make the optional wristlet strap. The pouches make versatile gifts for children, teens, friends, co-workers, college students, and family members.   Since they’re just the right size for corralling small items, you may want to make a few for yourself, too.





Not only are they a breeze to sew up, they’re fabulous fabric scrap busters, too!   You will be amazed at what you can create with two fat quarters, or tiny remnants of your favorite fabrics.  





I’ve had fun experimenting with these varied polygon pouches.  They’re quick, fun and easy to make, not to mention super useful and terrific scrap busters!  I hope you give my pattern a try.

Hats off, and a thousand thank yous, to my team of talented pattern testers!  They not only caught my typos and clarified murky directions, they made fabulous suggestions and taught me new tricks (like double-sided sewing tape!)  

And, here's what one tester, Pam, said about the pattern:

I love this pattern. I have wanted to make bags for a while, but never got around to it. I love that you have 3 different shapes within one pattern. You get 3 different and great looking bags in one. There were all very easy to make, with very clear and well written instructions. I have made a simple rectangle pouch with instructions found on the web, but never made different shaped ones like this before. I love how and fast and easy they go together. They probably each took less than an hour. I love the addition of the interfacing. It's adds sturdiness without bulk. I love how neat they look when they are finished. I made three, one for me, and one for each of my girls, because I knew as soon as they saw them, they would claim them as their own. They are very versatile and will have a different look depending on the fabrics used. I intend to make some out of denim and/or faux leather for teacher's gifts this year. They would be great to use as a little clutch for date night etc, or would also be good to put your small stuff in within your larger purse. Because you can never find your itty bitty stuff at the bottom of your large purse/bag! I'm sure my girls will fill them with their treasures! I like the neatness the binding gives to the inside of the pouch.

Take a look at the pattern testers' gorgeous creations!

Judy Buchanan of Hickity Pickity created this lovely Rectangle Pouch in Jennifer Paganelli's Sis Boom Fabrics.





















2 comments:

  1. Nice work They all look so pretty I will definatly make more once home in my own studio with my own machines and supplies! It's a great pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for testing another pattern, Pamela! And, even while out of town, no less!! I always appreciate your feedback & lovely sewing! Glad you will be making more pouches!!

      Delete